- 1. A Case Study of Mainstream Protestantism: The Disciples’ Relation to American Culture, 1880-1989
- 2. Afterword: Episcopal Women in the Context of American Religious Life
- 3. Atlas of American Religion: The Denominational Era, 1776-1990
- 4. Condensation and Heart Religion: Canadian Methodists as Evangelicals, 1884-1925
- 5. Conference on the Future of Catholic Schools
- 6. Diversity and the Pluralist Ideal
- 7. In Good Faith: Canadian Churches Against Apartheid
- 8. Lived Religion in America: Toward a History of Practice
- 9. Many Are Chosen: Divine Election and Western Nationalism
- 10. Ministry on the Margin: Protestants and Education
- 11. Mother’s First-Born Daughters: Early Shaker Writings on Women and Religion
- 12. Pathways and Promises: Reporting the Results of the Religious Life Future Project
- 13. Popular Voices in American Catholicism.
- 14. Reflections on the Reports of Decline in Mainstream Protestantism
- 15. Reimagining Denominationalism: Interpretive Essays
- 16. Research Executive Summary: Future of Religious Orders in the United States
- 17. Revolutions, Quiet and Otherwise: Protestants and Higher Education During the 1960s.
- 18. Serving the Present Age: Revitalism, Progressivism, and the Methodist Tradition in Canada
- 19. Small Religious Nonprofits: From Vulnerability to Viability
- 20. Teaching With Authority?: The Changing Place of Mainstream Protestantism in American Culture
- 21. The Believable Futures of American Protestantism
- 22. The Churches, the Public Schools, and Moral Education: A Historical Perspective.
- 23. The Churches, the Public Schools, and Moral Education: What Are Educators Thinking?
- 24. The Confessional Mosaic: Presbyterians and Twentieth-Century Theology
- 25. The Denomination Returns Home
- 26. The Disciples and American Culture: A Bibliography of Works by Disciples of Christ Members 1866-1984
- 27. The Diversity of Discipleship: The Presbyterians and Twentieth-Century Christian Witness
- 28. The Future of Religious Orders in the United States: Transformation and Commitment
- 29. The Independent Sector and the Educational Strategies of Mainstream Protestantism, 1900-1980
- 30. The Mainstream Protestant "Decline": The Presbyterian Pattern
- 31. The Organizational Revolution: Presbyterians and American Denominationalism
- 32. The Pluralistic Vision: Presbyterians and Mainstream Protestant Education and Leadership
- 33. The Presbyterian Predicament: Six Perspectives
- 34. The Re-Forming Tradition: Presbyterian and Mainstream Protestantism
- 35. The Register
- 36. The Restructuring of American Religion: Society and Faith Since World War II.
- 37. The Science and Application of the Future of Religious Orders Study" (three videos and study guide: "Focus on Leadership," Focus on Spirituality," "Focus on Innovation.")
- 38. The Search for Common Ground: What Unites and Divides Catholic Americans
- 39. The University and the Common Good
- 40. Theology as Social Ethics.
- 41. Tradition and Transformation in Catholic Culture: The Priests of Saint Sulpice in the United States from 1791 to the Present
- 42. Vanishing Boundaries: The Religion of Mainline Protestant Baby Boomers
- 43. Vital Signs: The Promise of Mainstream Protestantism
- 44. Women Religious and the Intellectual Life: The North American Achievement
Research Articles 
Study Guides